In today’s fast-paced commercial environment, many companies are continuing to ignore the importance of cyber security.
To put it plainly, Internet-based protection is being treated similarly to the field of accounting prior to the Enron catastrophe:
- In the third-quarter of 2017,– a marked increase over the 11 million samples found in the same quarter during 2016.
- Over the past two years, businesses have had to cope with upwards of 4,000 ransomware attacks per day.
- The frequency of ransomware attacks has increased by more than 290% since 2015, and they are becoming increasingly intricate and multifaceted.
- In-house communications networks have also been victimised, with the number of phishing emails and fraudulent messages rising by more than 90% during the past year
- Even though 80% of corporate employees understand the threats posed by phishing schemes, more than 60% of people still click on malicious links.
- Out of the companies that have already been harmed by cyber-attacks, less than 50% are planning to make changes to their in-house security systems over the next 12 months.
As you can see by now, it’s in your best interests to start refining your approach to cyber security as soon as possible – especially if you’ve neglected your in-house systems for quite some time now.
To help you plan your next course of action, the remainder of this brief article will highlight the two most impactful security provisions that can safeguard your day-to-day operations and protect sensitive information.
The Modern Message Shield
As we all know, the importance of streamlined corporate communications cannot be understated, but even the most common forms of web-based interaction are susceptible to a wide range of malicious invaders. From keystroke loggers and program emulators to worms, Trojan horses, and other complex viruses, there are countless iterations of malware hidden around every corner of the Internet, which is why it’s so important to implement a modernised message shield nowadays. This robust, intuitive form of protection provides the following benefits:
- Comprehensive anti-spam deterrent
- Powerful antivirus to secure all of your platforms
- Built-in email content filtering
- Perceptive email archiving provisions
As such, the message shield will provide constant oversight and protection for all of your communications platforms.
The Cloud-Based Umbrella System
Without putting a strain on your in-house network, a cloud-delivered umbrella platform can provide a line of defence against a variety of contemporary threats:
- Identifies current and emerging threats.
- Tracks and categorises all in-house activities, including every device, port, plugin, and remote access point.
- Deters and quarantines all phishing, malware, and ransomware.
- Blocks all unauthorised trespassers.
- eCommerce support and payment gateway security
Streamlined Installation and Conversion Process
Best of all, these systems can be implemented with unprecedented ease and efficiency regardless of your scope of operations:
- No costly downtime
- Fee-free transition
- No fixed-term contracts
- Enhanced scalability to account for your changing needs
- Robust 24/7 support
- Applicable to any type of IT infrastructure
The decision to increase and improve your cyber security is a no-brainer, so be sure to establish a tight-knit relationship with a reputable team of IT specialist as soon as possible.